Join the AGC
The Association of Green Councillors exists to support elected Green Party councillors at all levels of government and to foster, encourage and advise aspiring councillors.
Elected councillors automatically receive membership of the AGC upon election and can then attend the Annual Conference and vote at the AGM and for AGC reps.
There is a subscription charge for our Support Services which enables members to receive a range of benefits including advice, guidance, mentoring. discounted training/conference fees and access to our online resources (see table below).
Paying a subscription to the AGC gives you access to a wealth of resources. You can view some of those benefits in the table below.
|Benefits||All GPEW Councillors (automatic membership)||Unelected GPEW Members||Parish / Town / Community GPEW Councillors||Principal authority councillors, Mayors and Parliamentarians|
||Free||£10||£10||See costs below|
Information and networking
Information and Networking
- Invite to annual conference, AGM and regular online meetings
- Regular newsletter
- Information and resources from Climate Support Officer
- Can vote at AGM and for AGC reps on Green Party committees
In recognition of the fact that many councillors have given up paid work in order to give time to being a councillor, principal authority councillors (district, county, unitary, Welsh Regional Assembly, LGA and London Borough councillors) are charged on a sliding scale based on their overall income.
|Rate||Total annual income||Annual subscription|
|Standard||Councillor with total annual income (incl. councillor allowance) of £20,001 - £50,000||£60 (£5/month)|
|Concession - for those on lower incomes||Councillor with total annual income (incl. councillor allowance) up to £20,000 or councillor outside of England and Wales||£10|
|Generous - for those who can afford to support other councillors||Councillor with total annual income (incl. councillor allowance) of above £50,001||£120(£10/month)|
How to pay
To subscribe to the AGC, please complete the form below.
Alternatively, you can:
- set up a monthly or annual standing order using the standing order form. (please let us know by emailing email@example.com)
- make a bank transfer using the bank details in the Standing Order form above (please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org) Please use the reference AGC Subs on your payment.
- send a cheque, payable to the Green Party - AGC Subs to PO Box 78066 London SE16 9GQ