The Association of Green Councillors (AGC) exists to support Green Party Councillors at every level of government. We offer:
- Support and guidance on any matter relating to being a Councillor (be it policy, budget, casework or elections advice, help to deal with bullying from other parties/Councillors, information and ideas on how Councils work and how to be as influential as possible in your role and much more). If we can’t help you, we can signpost to someone who can.
- Year-round tips, news, training opportunities, ideas and more via our email lists (see below).
- A yearly conference with a range of useful and relevant sessions and a chance to meet with other Green Councillors, in addition to a get-together at every Green Party Conference.
- A range of publications ranging from elections advice to how to survive and thrive as a new Councillor.
- A network of mentors for new/inexperienced Councillors
- Well used email lists for parish/town councillors, and another for principal authority councillors
- A discussion forum
We also represent the interests of Green Party Councillors within the Green Party and to the Local Government Association.
If you'd like to become a member of the AGC, click on "How to subscribe" above.